Did you know that not all bikes are made for heavy and tall people? While riding is the best exercise to shed off some pounds and remain fit, most bikes are designed for people under 200 pounds and this means there are less bikes for big and tall guys and girls….
Luckily, there are a few companies that have considered tall and heavy guys and have therefore made bikes with strong frame and capacity to handle up to 400 pounds or more.
After extensive research, we have come up with a list of top 7 bikes for fat people or heavy people and what to look for when buying one.
Best Heavy Duty Bike For Heavy Person.
1. Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike.
Northwoods Pomona Women’s Bike is one of the most beautiful bikes for overweight ladies and it is made of aluminum frame and 26’’ aluminum 36 spoke wheels with cruiser tires.
This bike also has Ergo fit steel handlebar with twist shifter and Shimamo rear derailleur.
- The bike has a very comfortable cruiser seat that is wide enough for any person and it won’t hurt your bum.
- This handcrafted ride has a lightweight aluminum dual suspension frame so you won’t feel bumps on uneven roads.
- The entire bike is made of very lightweight parts such as alloy rims, quick release seat clamp and stem so it can be agile and very nimble.
- It is available in both men and women style frames so no one is left out.
- It is difficult to adjust the seat.
2. Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
If you are a woman who is over 5 ft. tall, this Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle is designed just for you.
The 26-inch bicycle for obese women is a single-speed cruiser for easy riding featuring 17-inch durable steel frame and aluminum wheels.
- This bike has white-wall balloon tires that give you a very cushioned ride so you won’t feel the bumps on the road.
- It has an oversized seat with dual springs for extra comfort and the handle bars are wide with rubber grips.
- The bike comes 80% assembled and it’s very easy to ride since there are only 3 gears to choose from and no complicated cables hanging off.
- No complaints at all.
3. Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Touring Hybrid Bicycle.
The EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bike is an eye catching showpiece with all high gross chrome components and a frame endowed with glistening sheen.
This is a one size fit all kind of bike so any adult will be able to ride it comfortably.
- The sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s bike has a forward pedaling design so you are able to keep your shoulders upright and extend your legs properly so riding is comfortable.
- The bike has several attachment points on the frame so you can add a rear basket or bottle holder for your items.
- This super lightweight bicycle excels not only on the streets but also on trails and uphill thanks to the 26-inch wheels and 7-speed hub.
- The saddle on this bike is pure leather and very comfortable plus the low swooping design helps any rider to get on and off the bike easily.
- There are no complaints at all.
4. Firmstrong Urban Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
Firmstrong Urban Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle is a 26-inch men’s single-speed cruiser bike that offers easy and relaxed ride.
The bike has a Classic curvy beach cruiser design with 19-inch durable steel frame and 26-inch aluminum wheels.
- This bicycle for big man has White-wall balloon tires for a cushioned ride and easy-to-use coaster brakes.
- The Oversized seat with dual springs offer added comfort and so do the wide handlebars with foam grips.
- The single speed cruising is best for people who want an easy ride with no maintenance but you can also choose between the other three gears for uphill and other terrains.
- It is a very affordable bike available in several colors to choose from.
- You will have less flat tires and no cable complications with this bike plus Firmstrong has amazing customer service.
- It’s only suitable for tall people.
5. Sixthreezero Men’s In The Barrel 26-Inch Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
No matter how big or small you are, this Men’s in the Barrel bike offers you a nice and comfortable ride in any terrain.
The bike boasts an all-black with matte finish frame and three gears so you are able to navigate from beach, street to uphill.
- The 18-inch extended steel frame with forward pedaling design feels like an extension of your body because when you turn, the bike turns with you.
- It has modern black leather bubble saddle and stitched black leather grips for comfort.
- Shimano internal 3-speed hub with easy-to-use Nexus shifter enables you to ride for longer distances or enjoy high intensity rides.
- It is very easy to assemble and comes with rubber block comfort pedals.
- This bike allows you to adjust the seat and the pedals upwards or downwards so a person of any height can ride comfortably.
- It’s a bit expensive for a China made bicycle.
6. Titan Punisher All Terrain Mountain Bike, 18-Inch Frame Height.
The Titan punisher is an 18 inch dual suspension steel bike for both men and women.
It has 26-inch alloy wheels with 21-speeds so it is very suitable for any terrain including beach, street, pavements and hills.
- This bike has adjustable seat post with an easy quick release so any rider over 5.5’’ can ride with comfort.
- It has front and rear suspensions hence it’s a very smooth ride on any terrain and it comes with a kickstand so storage and stopping is easy.
- The steel frame is very strong and durable which is good for heavier people.
- This bike arrives 85% assembled so you just have to adjust a few areas and comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Northwoods Pomona Women’s bike is available in a few colors to choose from.
- Shifting between one gear to another is difficult.
7. Sixthreezero Around The Block Women’s 26-Inch Single Speed Cruiser Bike.
Sixthreezero Around The Block Women’s bike is Classic single-speed beach cruiser if you want a comfortable and easy ride around the neighborhood.
This beautiful bike features a curved design with 17-inch durable steel frame and aluminum wheels plus blacked-out components for added style.
- Sixthreezero Around The Block Women’s bike has Pedal-backwards coaster brakes for easy stopping.
- The bike also comes with wide cruiser bike handlebars with high-density foam grips for a comfortable ride and it allows the ride to sit upright while riding.
- Wide whitewall tires featuring waffle tread and black double-walled rims give you a very smooth ride no matter how rough the road is.
- Fits riders from 5 feet to 6 feet tall because it’s adjustable and it comes 85 percent assembled.
- You can customize this bike to your needs by adding cup holder or basket but a rear rack is already installed.
- No complaints whatsoever.
Buying Guide For The Best Bikes For Big And Tall Guys.
While so many bikes in the shop are made for regular and lightweight persons, it can be hard to find the best bikes for big and tall guys.
However, with enough research and shopping around, you will be able to find a good bicycle for big guys without spending a fortune.
If you really need bikes for heavy women, here is what you should look for;
- Weight Limit
The best bikes for plus size people are those that can handle their weight without breaking down.
There are a few companies that make bikes for 300 pound man and above but they are not non-existent so you have to ask around at shops or search online from the manufacturers.
Most people love lightweight bikes because they are agile and easy to ride. However, when it comes to bicycles for heavy people, weight is not a consideration because a frame needs to be stronger and wider with thicker wall tubing so it can be durable.
The best bikes for big and tall guys and girls are made from aircraft quality steel or aluminum that can hold up to the pressure and all the parts must be hand-picked for quality and connected to have strong points.
Tall people require a bike that has long tubes and wider handle bars with ideal bicycles being 26 inches high.
However, the best bikes for heavy riders should have adjustable seat and handle bars so that a shorter person can be able to ride the bike as well.
Even with light people, having problem with tires is a common thing.
When it comes to bikes for big guys, you need to consider beefier, high thread count tires with stronger inner tubes and double butted spokes preferably made of stainless steel.
In addition, mountain bikes for fat guys need to have some cushion on the wheels so you can have a smooth ride no matter how bad the terrain is.
Though it is true that there are fewer bikes for big and tall guys, one can have a bike custom made just for them. This will give you a chance to choose the components well so your bike for heavy person will be durable and strong.