Have you ever noticed how tiny and narrow those camping beds are? Unfortunately, like most things in life, camping beds are designed for thin people and this leaves plus size individuals at a loss unless you know where to get camp beds for heavy people….
No one should give up on their dream to sleep in the wilderness just because they are heavy and this where the best camp beds for adults were invented.
These extra-large camping cots are wider, stronger and higher so you won’t roll off or fall.
Top 7 Best Camping Cots for Heavy People.
1. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot.
TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot is the most preferred heavy duty camping bed in the market as it can handle a maximum capacity of 600 pounds without bowing or sagging.
It’s one of the most comfortable beds for heavy people as you don’t have to worry of falling while sleeping.
- It is made with a 600D Oxford canvas bed which is very strong and high quality material thus guaranteed durability.
- This camping bed has an aluminum frame and it’s perfectly patented with steel S- legs which are very strong thus you are guaranteed stability.
- It has the perfect size of 85 by 40 by 19 this indicates that it is larger than a twin mattress thus suitable for large people.
- The TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot is very easy and quick to set up and it comes with a cool canvas storage bag which makes it easy to carry the bed from one place to the other.
It is very difficult to assemble it so you need an extra hand.
2. Milliard Lightweight 74 by 31-Inch Folding Cot/Bed with Mattress.
The Milliard Folding Cot is perfect for camping as it is very easy to set up and fold after use.
This lightweight foldable bed is very sturdy and features a foldable steel frame and 4-inch thick premium foam mattress for comfort.
- This bed is very lightweight thus it’s easy to transport and it has 4 wheels in case you don’t have the strength to lift up.
- The strong steel frame makes this bed suitable for large people and also gives that homey feeling because it feels exactly like a real bed.
- It is easy to assemble and occupies very limited space when folded.
- This is a large bed that accommodate plus size kids up to 264 pounds and you can’t go wrong for the price.
- The support or springs on this bed do bend and sag when a heavy person lies down so you can’t put anything under the bed.
3. Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers.
The Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers is one of the best camping bunk beds in the market as it can accommodate a maximum weight of 200 lb. on both cots.
This bunk bed is perfect for slumber parties, camping trips and sleep overs as it occupies minimum space yet accommodating more people.
- This camping bunk bed is very easy to set up as there is no assembling required and its lightweight thus very easy to transport it.
- It comes in a beautiful color that the kids will love and it is made from very strong fabric and metal frame guaranteeing you durability and stability.
- The Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk is perfectly designed for comfort as it does not require mattresses or ladder and it is very easy to clean as it is machine washable.
- This bunk bed is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and it has two side organizers where you can store a few accessories that you require.
- There are no complaints yet.
4. Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot.
The Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot is one of the best extra-large camping cots suitable for tall and large people. This oversize cot is awesome as it can handle a maximum weight of 350 lbs.
- This cot is lightweight making it very easy to transport and it is of the right size as it can fit in a tent with no worries.
- The cover is made from very heavy duty and weather repellent fabric thus guarantying you durability and you don’t have to worry of falling while sleeping.
- The Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot has a metallic frame which makes it more stable and sturdy making this cot the suitable for large people.
- This heavy duty camping cot comes with a storage space where you can keep your phone and a few magazines that you want to read.
- The cot does not have a locking mechanism on the legs when extended thus there is a high possibility of it collapsing.
5. Coleman Comforts Mart Deluxe Cot.
The Coleman Comforts mart Deluxe Cot has the best camp beds for heavy people as they are easily foldable and they are quite cheap.
This camping cot can accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs. and they are perfect for both indoors and outdoors use.
- This heavy duty camping bed is made from high quality fabric and the heavy duty steel frame makes it more stable and guarantees you of durability.
- The Coleman Comforts mart Deluxe Cot is very unique as it has spring coils suspensions which are made to enhance your comfort as you sleep.
- This cot is very easy to set up and fold and it is suitable for both indoors and outdoor use as it occupies very minimum space.
- This awesome cot is very large thus can accommodate a large person with comfort and it is long enough to accommodate any 6 feet person.
- There are complaints that the cot occupies a lot of space when folded.
6. Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot, by Byer of Maine.
Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot is one of a kind camping bed that features strong steel legs so you can sleep comfortably off the damp ground.
This bed is perfect for weathering the outdoors but it’s also a great extra bed for sleepovers and car camping.
- Easy Cot takes less than a minute to set up or fold down and it comes with its own carry bag for transportation.
- This camping bed is strong enough to handle 325 lbs. and its 78inches long so even very tall adults will be comfortable.
- The bed is 31 inches wide allowing you to sleep comfortably and even turn plus it has 600 Denier polyester fabric and steel frame so it’s very durable.
- It is very stable even on uneven ground and there is plenty of space under the bed to store your belongings.
- The bed tends to sag if you are too heavy.
7. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology.
SoundAsleep Dream Series is the best air mattress for camping because it is very wide at 63’’ and it’s able to handle 500 lbs. comfortably.
The mattress features innovative comfort coil technology with 40 odd air coils spread throughout the bed to make a very even and balanced sleeping surface.
- SoundAsleep Dream Series has a very soft and thick flocked top that is very comfortable and prevents that squeaking voice most mattresses make.
- It is 19 inches off the ground so you will not have a hard time getting up in the morning.
- Unlike other blow up mattresses that have horizontal formation of support coils or beams, this
SoundAsleep Dream Series has a vertical formation which is more supportive and won’t bend or warp easily.
- This air mattress for heavy people is made with high quality PVA material that is puncture resistant and covered with a water proof sued top.
- The gripping function ensures that this air mattress for big and tall people won’t move around while you turn.
The mattress loses a small amount of air during the night.
Buying Guide for the Best Camp Beds for Heavy People
While camp beds for heavy people should have a high weight capacity, it’s also very important to ensure the bed is not too heavy as there are other items you will be carrying.
Apart from weight and price, here are some of the other features you should look for in the best bed for camping;
- Weight Capacity
The best camp beds for heavy people must be able to handle at least more than 300 lbs. It’s very important to check a beds weight capacity before you buy and if possible even test it to see if it’s true.
Heavy duty material like polyester and a strong steel frame will help in durability and also handling the weight easily.
- Ease Of Use
The best camping beds should be very easy to set up and take down in a matter of seconds. If you have an inflatable mattress, be sure it has an automatic pump and backup battery so you won’t be inconvenienced in the middle of camping.
The best camping bed should be big enough to handle an adult comfortably without folding their legs. The length of a bed ensures you sleep straight and the width lets you turn comfortably at night.
Two people sharing will require the best camping bed for couples because it’s wide enough for two people.
Comfort is everything even if you are sleeping in the wilderness. Comfortable camping beds have a thick, warm mattress that doesn’t move while you sleep and the frame is stable.
The bed should not squeak when you turn or hang in the middle because that can hurt your back.
The best air mattress for heavy people should have a bit of height off the ground so that you will not struggle to get up in the morning. Being a bit high also feels safer and you won’t be too close to the ground which can be wet and smelly.
Camp beds for heavy people enable plus size individuals to enjoy the outdoors without the fear of falling down while they sleep. Whatever kind of heavy duty camping cot you choose be sure to practice setting it up before leaving for camp.